Wednesday, September 23, 2009

# 4

No! The hell with deep breaths. Who are they to judge me? Why should I feel guilty? I pay taxes. Not always on time, but I pay them. Those taxes provide help for the homeless - I've done my bit.

And what's so great about having a home? It's just a place to store bills. Phone bills. Electricity bills. Pay TV bills. The one time I'm lucky enough to find a fifty dollar note on the ground I'm supposed to hand it over to some homeless hobo? Well excuse me for changing the punchline to that sick joke! You may tsk tsk me, but we both know he'd just spend it on booze. Yes, it's wrong to think that, but it's not like I'd blame him. It's what I'd do if I didn't have so many bills. Although I guess I don't really need cable...

Great, now I'm actually starting to feel guilty. Stupid social experiment! Never mind, I'll make up for it. Some way, some how, I'll put this fifty dollar note to good use. I'll make it count.

I decided to take one last look back at the bogus beggar. And that's when something really weird happened.

2 comments:

  1. Still struggling with tense! Feels like present tense when thinking and past tense when describing action. Is that allowed? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we're doing a world first! :)

    But yes that does seem to be what I did initially... Anything goes here though.

    BTW, thanks for the last line on this one. You could have at least hinted at something!

    Gosh...

    ReplyDelete